Friday, June 11, 2010

What the Hell?

So, I go out and about running errands today. A little shopping, dropping one of the computers off at the shop (needs a new fan), just a bit of this and that.

Sooooo...I am in a store, just browsing around and in comes a small gaggle of women. (Honestly, I don't think gaggle is the proper word...maybe a muttering of women...or a whisper --for a quiet group--or a screech of women--for a loud group...let me think on that...)
Anyway, 4 or 5 broads come in the store as a group. Ages between 35 to about 45 by my reckoning.
One, short, chubby and around 40, is wearing a belly shirt, "Daisy Dukes" and --dear Lord on toast---BODY GLITTER!
Body glitter? Really?
I thought women genetically out-grew body glitter at about age...oh...TWELVE.
Her belly shirt proclaimed her a "Baby Girl".
Hot pink lip gloss.
Belly button ring from which a pink crystal dangled.
Really.
REALLY?!?
The rest of the women in the group were similarly attired, though not quite as sartorially splendid as  "Baby Girl".
One wore "yoga pants" that had "Hot To Trot" emblazoned across the ass.
Since she weighed about 250, it was a LARGE statement on her part.

What the hell happened to people dressing their age?
Not to lay all the blame at these ladies (?) doorsteps....I see 40 something men trying dress like the Jonas Brothers and hanging around Hot Topic at the mall, hitting on the cute sales girls there.
Guys...quit that--it is embarrassing just to see!
Just as bad--if not worse--are 8 year old girls wearing clothe and make-up that makes them look like mini prostitutes.

Maybe I am just having a grumpy day...but I would LOVE to see men, women and children dressing appropriately for their ages.

And I would also like to see body glitter made illegal for women over the age of twelve.
Just my complaint for the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment