Sunday, June 6, 2010

Heat

I live in southeast Texas, near the Gulf of Mexico.
It gets hot here.
DAMN hot.

I hate heat. Always have.
In my new place we have one air conditioner. Fortunately, it is located in a window in my bedroom.
UNfortunately, it does not function as well as it should.
It only cools the room down by a few degrees when it is working.
WHEN it is working, which is not all the time.
To me, if I don't have frostbite on my nipples, the air conditioner is not functioning properly.
Currently, my nipples remain unfrostbit.
Therefore, my ac is not functioning to the level that I expect for comfort.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want to settle in this particular piece of real estate.
What did the pioneers think "Swamp, alligators, Jurassic Park sized mosquitoes and other bugs, hurricanes, flooding, poisonous snakes, heat like the 7th level of Hell...Yee-Haw, looks like home to me!"?
I have been here over 2 years, but I don't want to stretch it out to 3, although I may be forced to.
In the mean time, I am on the hunt for a decent air conditioner.
Oh yes, I KNOW I am a "survivalist" type gal. Don't care.
I NEED frosty Montana mountains on a February day, in my face, take my breath away, frostbitten nipples air conditioning!
Right now, I am looking at some used units, but I am not so sure I want to buy a used unit that was not enough for someone else---how the hell could it stand up to MY demands and standards?
Hopefully, I will find something that works for me at a reasonable price!

I hate heat.

1 comment:

  1. You've been quoted!

    http://qoddessquotesblogs.blogspot.com/2010/06/quotes-june-20-2010.html

    ReplyDelete